Thursday, April 28, 2016

4.28.16

Now the fun stuff is starting to happen!  :)

The painters started this week, so we began to pull up the carpet and tack strips.  It looks like this wood parquet flooring is going to be a real beast to get rid of.



Painting is still in bits but you can see the colors at least.

In the kitchen, with all the neutrals we have, I wanted to go bright.  Unfortunately, the first paint I picked was a bit TOO bright (and a little obnoxious).  We toned it down and I love the new shade:

I cannot tell you how much I love this! 
Little different angle which shows the appearance in the light
This corner looks cool, too, I think.
OK, this may be my favorite view of all.  I absolutely LOVE this brown, which is what I chose for the living room.  The painter suggested I put it here, too, so the kitchen isn't quite so teal.  This with the white trim?  LOVE!
Here's some of the teal connecting the living room with the kitchen (and the brown on the right side wall)

More brown (swoon)
And the formerly-red walls are now a lovely white.  Looking for opinions on what to do for new curtains, though, as these off-white curtains look awful with the white walls.



Today the cabinet installers come back to fix all their boo-boos (I'll list those after).  Like I said, the flooring goes in next week, and painting should be finished next week as well.  It won't be long until we have a house again!


No comments:

Post a Comment